Dr. Bohon has been featured on television and news shows, radio broadcasts, podcasts and in news articles, and she has narrated over 30 videos and animations. She also creates her own written and digital content. Wendy trains scientists on how to give media interviews and works with cohorts of scientists and the media to create productive working relationships by fostering understanding of the overlapping goals and objectives of each group.
- TRT, Earthquakes in Turkey and Syria, 2023.
- The Discovery Channel, “Brink of Disaster”, 2022.
- Queen City News Channel, Earthquake Swarm in SC, 2022.
- The Weather Channel, Earthquake Swarm Rattles SC, 2022.
- FOX Channel 3, “Dr. Wendy Bohon Discusses Smithsonian Exhibit”, 2022.
- NOVA/PBS, Preparing for the Pacific Northwest’s Next Major Earthquake, subject matter expert, 2021.
- The Weather Channel, Weird Earth, subject matter expert, 2021.
- ABC Channel 7 WJLA, subject matter expert, 2020.
- Mission Unstoppable, CBS, segment guest, 2019.
- CBS News, California earthquakes, subject matter expert, 2019.
- 2M Media Group, Interview 360, subject matter expert interview, 2019.
- NBC News, Kenya crack subject matter expert, 2018.
- Cox Phoenix, The STEM Journals, segment guest, 2013.
- Glacier Yoga, 2021.
- Earthquake Yoga, 2021.
- Volcano Yoga, 2020.
- Stay Safe for Science Campaign, 2020.
- Wednesdays with Wendy, 2020.
- Going Places, 2020.
- Volcano Moments, 2020.
- EarthScope Interview, 2013.
Podcasts / Radio
- NPR Shortwave Radio: What Scientists Know About Aftershocks, 2023.
- The Science Pawdcast: Caveman DNA, fishing cats, and Dr. Wendy Rocks, 2022.
- The Schist of It: Earthquake Geology and Science Communication, 2022.
- Mapscaping: Geospatial Geology, 2022.
- AGU Storycorps: An Interview with Wendy Bohon, 2021.
- NPR ShortWave: Can We Predict Earthquakes? (Hint: no), 2021.
- RandomWalks: Lucidly Communicating Science, 2021.
- Exolore, The M Dwarf Planet: Environment, 2021.
- The Naked Scientists: “Earthquake damage is more than just shaking”, 2021.
- AGU Storycorps: “What’s my motivation said neither of these two ever. An Interveiw with Lucy Jones and Wendy Bohon“, 2019.
- Profoundly Pointless: “Earthquake experts“, 2019.
- Whole lotta shift going on, AMY WOOD TV, 2022.
- Coffee with a Scientist, Volcanolab Twitch Channel, 2021.
- Featured on Mission Unstoppable Twitch Channel, 2020.
- Featured in book: “Quake Chasers” by Lori Polydoros, 2022
- This is what a scientist looks like poster, 2022
- GeoCareers from GROW, 2022.
- Stem Trading Card, from Science Delivered!
- K-5 Readings on Geology Careers, from Science Delivered!
- If/Then Exhibit Companion, from Lyda Hill Philanthropies and AAAS
- Featured in book: “The ABC’s of Women in Stem” by Ashley Stenzel, 2019
- Featured by “Conversations with Goddard”: “Wendy Bohon: From Actor to Scientist to Communication Specialist”
- Featured by “She Can Be Both”: “Wendy Bohon can be a geologist, science ambassador and mom”
- Featured by Arizona State University: “3 ASU women featured in statue exhibit in DC”
- Featured by James Madison University: “Geologist chosen for groundbreaking Smithsonian exhibit”
- Featured in the book “Quake Chasers: 15 women rocking earthquake science”, 2022.
- Featured by 500 Women Scientists: “Shatter the Glass Ceiling“, 2018.
- Work featured by GSA: “Learning about Himalayas using Mars Technology“, 2018.
- Featured by The Ohio State University: Alumni Spotlight, 2018.
Media Article Quotes (Select)
- The Weather Channel: “What Not to Do When an Earthquake Strikes”
- PolitiFact: “Turkey and Syria were natural disasters, not geoengineered”
- Wired: “Aftershocks May Rock Turkey and Syria for Months, Even Years”
- NBC News: “Why are earthquakes so hard to predict?”
- Washington Post: “Was the Earthquakes High Death Toll Preventable? Geologists say yes.”
- Live Science: “Mountain sized chunk of rock hiding under Japan is channeling earthquakes”
- AP: “Why are earthquakes so devastating in Haiti?”
- National Geographic: “Biggest U.S. earthquake in more than 50 years strikes Alaska—here’s what we can learn”
- Inverse: “An overlooked San Andreas fault strand could be the next big one”
- National Geographic: “Why the Oaxaca Earthquake Made Building Sway Hundreds of Miles Away”
- National Geographic: “Why so Many Earthquakes are Rocking Puerto Rico”
- Temblor: “Don’t Panic, Prepare! Delhi Earthquakes Remind Citizens of Risk”
- Mashable: “Shaky California turns on its long awaited quake alert app”
- National Geographic: “Hear the sounds of climate change—with earthquake monitors”
- Vice: “Scientists Discover a New Phenomena Called ‘Stormquakes’
- NPR: “After Quakes, Puerto Rico’s Electricity Is Back On For Most, But Uncertainty Remains”
- National Geographic: “The Science Behind California’s Two Big Earthquakes”
- National Geographic: “Groundbreaking earthquake catalogue may have just solved a seismic mystery”
- NOVA: “Deadly Indonesia Earthquake Reached Rare ‘Supershear’ Speed”
- National Geographic: “Strange waves rippled around Earth. Now we may know why.”
- CNN: “How men can help women fight sexual harassment”
- Popular Science: “Science needs to be more inclusive and women are making it happen“
- Observer: “500 Women Scientists Group Focuses on Education, Gender Diversity Post-Women’s March“
- Forbes: “Why Were Dozen’s of People in White Lab Coats at the Women’s March in DC?”
- TechSPARK: “500 Women Scientists, the organization that’s building a more inclusive society on a global scale“
- Indy100: “This is what’s really going on with that mysterious crack in Kenya, according to a geologist”
To contact Dr. Bohon email email@example.com